Job Opening: Laboratory Technician 1
LAB AST 1
Under supervision of the Laboratory Group Manager, perform routine operations in the laboratory including all aspects of receiving, inventorying, archiving and preparing aerosol filters for analysis. Prepare filters for shipment to sampling sites and receive sampled filters into the laboratory. Continuously load and unload samples for various analyzers, conduct measurements, process data to verify measurements, and maintain instrument logbooks and records. Communicate with student assistants and other staff working in the Air Quality Research Center.
LAB AST 1 (Laboratory Technician)
Please visit the UC careers site to complete your application.
- If you are a current UC employee, please use this link to apply.
- If you are not a current UC employee, please follow the directions listed below and use this link to apply:
- Select the link to access our careers site.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
- Experience working in a high throughput production laboratory.
- Experience interpreting and implementing laboratory procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with other laboratory personnel to establish and maintain a cooperative work culture.
- Fine motor skills to manipulate small parts in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills to meticulously perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, to focus on a single task, and work under time constraints to meet deadlines with attention to detail and to notice small changes in instrument response
- Experience in a physical sciences discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with computer data analysis and graphing software and MS Office software.
- Knowledge and technical experience with analytical instrumentation