Job Opening: Laboratory Technician Assistant
Job Opening: LAB AST 1 (Laboratory Technician)
UC Davis Air Quality Research Center
Full Time Position
Under supervision of the Laboratory Group Manager, perform routine operations in the laboratory including all aspects of receiving, inventorying, archiving and preparing aerosol filters for analysis. Prepare filters for shipment to sampling sites and receive sampled filters into the laboratory. Continuously load and unload samples for various analyzers, conduct measurements, process data to verify measurements, and maintain instrument logbooks and records. Communicate with student assistants and other staff working in the Air Quality Research Center.
The search will remain open from August 25 - September 7, 2022.
- Experience working in a high throughput production laboratory.
- Experience interpreting and implementing laboratory procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) :
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with other laboratory personnel to establish and maintain a cooperative work culture.
- Fine motor skills to manipulate small parts in a fast paced environment.
- Skills to meticulously perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, to focus on a single task, and work under time constraints to meet deadlines with attention to detail and to notice small changes in instrument response.
- Experience in a physical sciences discipline or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience working with computer data analysis and graphing software and MS Office software.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) :
- Knowledge and technical experience with analytical instrumentation.
AQRC analyzes particulate matter samples for the United States National Park Service (NPS) Interagency Monitoring for Protected Visual Environments (IMPROVE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Chemical Speciation Network (CSN). IMPROVE was established in 1985 to monitor visibility in the National Parks and Wilderness Areas, and AQRC operates over 150 air pollution sampling sites for IMPROVE, as well as analyzes samples, processes the analysis data, and delivers data to the NPS and EPA. CSN collects samples in an urban monitoring network with over 140 sites. For CSN, AQRC analyzes samples, processes the analysis data, and delivers data to the EPA.
We would like to invite you to visit our careers site to complete your application.
If you are not currently affiliated with the UC organization, please follow the steps listed below. If you are a current employee of the UC, please use this link instead.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
Apply by September 7, 2022.